Downloading your theme from Themeforest
- Login your Themeforest account
- Got to your downloads page
- Click the “Download” button and chose “All files and documentation” file
Package ContentsOnce you have downloaded the theme you need to unzip the package locally on your computer. It will probably look like this :
Now there are two ways to install a theme in WordPress.
- By uploading it use the WordPress theme upload
- By uploading it via FTP into the wp-content/themes folder
1) Uploading the Theme by WordPress Theme upload.
- To upload the theme through WordPress admin panel you need to login into your /wp-admin/ and
- Go to the WordPress –> Appearance –> Themes section of your cms system and click the Add Theme Button or Add New button at the top.
- Click the “Upload Theme” button at the top.
- Select the themefile.zip from your computer and hit the “Install Now” button
- Once the install completed you can finally click the “Activate” button to make it the theme of your website.
Activating an installed themeGo to your Appearance ▸ Themes and just click the “activate” button of the theme that you’d like to set your theme.
Note: If the internal WordPress Theme upload fails then you need to use FTP upload. Failure can be caused by :
- Security settings on your server
- Max Upload File Size set on your server