When you activate your product, you’ll be prompted when there is an update available for the theme. There are two steps to finish the updating process.
- Updating the theme
- Updating the bundled plugins
Updating the theme
Go to your WP-Admin / Themes and click on the update now button over the theme thumbnail.
- If you don’t see the “Update now” button, go to the Dashboard / Updates screen to trigger the pre-update process of WordPress.
- If you are using WordPress Multi Website install, then you or the network administrator need to update the theme manually.
- If you are having connection problems, try to disable your security plugin before updating then activate it after.
- Consider updating your theme manually by simply following the “Installation” process.
Updating the bundled plugins
Navigate to the theme menu / Plugins page to manage the bundled plugins with the theme. Some of the plugins might be free plugins that are available to update from the regular WordPress / Plugins screen. But, the theme extension plugin and premium plugins cannot be automatically installed/updated somewhere else but this screen.
- If you are having difficulties using the Manage Plugins tool, you can try manually updating your plugins.
- Make sure you have the right user-level permissions to install/update a plugin.