RT-Theme 20 uses the WordPress customizer to change the theme settings. This gives one the ability to see in the backend what you are changing and how it looks in the front of your website.
The customizer can be accesed in two different ways :
- Through the WordPress Admin Area –> Appearance –> Customize menu option (see number 1 image below)
- Through the WordPress Admin Area –> Customize Menu (ability added by RT-Theme 20)
- Access the Theme Customizer / Settings
- Import theme settings which have been exported before. Note : In a WordPress Multisite you need to enable importing of the txt file extension the superadmin area settings.
- Export the current theme settings to a txt file.
- Reset all Theme settings to default. Note : All your settings will be erased
Note : If for some reason the settings in the customizer look different then on the real view of the website then try the following:
1) Export the customizer settings
2) Reset the customizer settings
3) Import the customizer settings.
Both Customize Menu options (1) bring you to the same area where you can visually adjust the theme settings and which looks like this:
In the customizer you can adjust all the theme settings and see the results on the preview screen right of the settings (In RTL mode : of course on the left size).
Note : For some settings a highlight area will be visible in the preview window ony if that area is in the visible part of your screen. I could mean that you need to scroll the preview area to actually see the setting you are adjusting.
In the customizer area the theme settings can be adjusted for each section (group) of settings we created.
- For leaving exiting the Customizer click the [X] top left (or RTL right) in the the customizer window. Note : Unsaved settings are not stored and will be lost.
- To adjust the settings choose and open one of the category (group) options.
- To save your adjusted settings hit the save and publish button
- The Arrow Right in the customizer menu indicates that there is a submenu with more menu options.
Customizer Active Area Indicator
When you are working in the customizer you might see a yellow flash indicator. When you click on the flash indicator the preview window will show you a flashing overlay indicating on which part of the screen you are adjusting the settings. If you do not see anything flashing that the area is not in the viewport and you need to scroll the right side of the customizer (the preview area) in order to see the indicator.