Nixe has two navigation locations; Main Navigation and Footer Navigation. Once you activated the theme those locations will be created automatically so you can jump over the creating a new menu part but if you have a menu already created you must assign it to the location inside the Manage Locations tab.
Managing Navigation Menus
- Go to Appearance ▸ Menus and select a menu that you want to edit.
- Use the left panel of the page to add a new navigation item into the menu.
- Custom post types such as Portfolio, Room, Team, Testimonial will not be visible in the available item list as default. You must activate them via the screen options. Please check these two screenshots;
Editing Menu Items
Once you have these fields visible in the menu item you can
- Extend a menu item and click the CSS Classes field then a list of available icons will appear that allows you select and set an icon to the menu item. To add icons to a menu items make sure in the in the screen options you have enabled the CSS Classes.
- Check the “Button” box to make a “main” navigation item a button like the “Book” button on the demo website.
Be aware that the mobile navigation is also contains the main navigation items but it is only visible in small screens. Mobile menu will be looking different then the desktop version and some of those setting will not be visible in the mobile view such as icons.
There is a menu location called Fullscreen Navigation that only visible when clicked to the full screen menu button on the header bar.. You can control the menu icon visibility via Customizer -> Styling Options -> Header with “Display Full Screen Menu Button” checkbox. You can use classic navigation and full screen navigation at the same time.